Saturday, September 14, 2013

sushi sounds nice

     Ever have your heart stop? Ever have a seizure that knocks your dick into the dirt  throwing everything into chaos? Cough blood and go just a bit blind? No? I call that Tuesday.
     Guess it was a good thing I had company... I guess...  he  caught me for the second seizure   could have been hurt worse but that rat bastard woke up my momma and she made me go to the ER.  About half way there all I wanted to do was talk to my poppa, my brother, my friends, and my sainted Godfather. For a brief moment I thought this is it... get ready for the tunnel and  go into the light… Get the fuck out'a dodge and go home. It passed , fast! But to be honest  I was good with it.... Just wanted a bit of closure . Now, that it's mostly past I feel a bit dramatic and silly but then in that moment it was all I wanted. Nurses where awesome and doctors nice but truth is theres not a lot they can do. Give some plasma and a IV. Something special for the pain maybe laugh at my jokes and put up with my crap. Thats more then enough but still  I wasted their time and a bed. There isn't a damn thing they can do... I know this~ trust me, they've tried. This is a  rare disease that is affecting everything. I'm still not right... head still pounds my wit and sarcasm sound like desperate anger. There is good reason mind you but still... hate being a bitch.
   So, there I am stuck in these God awful red PJ's with bright yellow non slip socks hooked up to a plethora of machines and all I'm thinking is God I want to go home get some sleep. Wondering if my 20 something nurse wants to grab a bite. Right, a little while ago I'm thinking it's the big one and now I'm all about  putting on my get some clothes for steaks and scotch. Massive improvement from the stripper glitter and scotch that occasionally crosses my mind. Maybe some sushi she'd like sushi .
    Been a few days now issues and pain and all that shit that goes with these episodes is lessening.  Not  quite  over it all.  I have little tricks... things that make me smile and get over shit. Last night it was," Fast Times at Ridgemont High." If Phoebe Cates can't get me on track there was Jennifer Jason Leigh.  This helps. Brings me back to a simpler time when my problems where acne, low self esteem, and acne. The glory days of homework and  getting beers for Friday nights lights. I did get to talk to my people, tell them I love them . I get to do that every day. Somedays I don't ,somedays I just want to sit in my pity and bitch about what tomorrow won't bring... the adventures I can't have. But then there are times after shit hits the fan... when a movie and a phone call are epic adventures. Today, Johny Football may shock a nation~ for the second time. Tomorrow, who knows, maybe something big ,maybe not, maybe just some sushi... that would be nice. 

10 comments:

  1. Been some time since I've had the oppoetunity to read one of your blogs. Touching and thought provoking as ever manand very profound. I won't deny it hurt some when you deleted me from fb, I thought your illness got the better of you so I find myself elated to see you're still among us. Keep fighting the good fight brother and thanks for adding me back. Been missing you George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George -

    Fred says HI! Since we chatted earlier this week after you got home i just wanted to say sorry about Johny Football not getting to shock the nation - Roll Tide!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winters gone, Summers here
    Suns out, winds up,
    Life is.......
    What I want to make of it.

    Don't have to be happy,
    Don't have to be sad,
    I just have to be.........

    My Brother from me other Mother
    Cheers Mate,
    Leo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bula my brother... truer words rarely said.. Thank you

      Delete
  4. Did you happen to see Them BUFFALO BILLS? That's how ya finish... Your not done here my friend...Till we meet again...And we will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your body might be failing you, but your mind, your wit, and your self awareness are alive and well. Capitalize on your good moments and your friends. Live in the the things that make you laugh. You are a wonderful, tremendous beautiful soul, and you're a blessing to the people who are lucky enough to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am at a loss of words... please call ripley

      Delete
  6. My sophomore year in high school I ended up in the hospital with appendicitis. A couple days had gone by and I had a fever that would not go down and the Dr's were having trouble diagnosing the cause. It was the Navy hospital on Camp Pendelton. I don't remember how or why but your Mother was at the hospital and you and your brother. I remember my Mom telling her what was going on and your Mother came in and prayed over me. I remember her hands on my head and a warm feeling came over me. The next day no feaver and the next day home again. I have always felt a special connection with your family. Bet you didn't know that did you. Our Moms never give up on us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just remember as bad as things get sometimes, we're all in there rootin' for ya, George! Keep rockin' the blog like there's no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete